Soda Springs Road, Soda Springs, CA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Soda Springs Road, Soda Springs, CA

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 am

*originally recorded on 10-27-18*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of RACO 8 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH Type 1.5 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Electro-tech LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of RACO 8 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH Type 1.5 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Electro-tech LED gate lights.

This crossing is a rather nice one, featuring the only 8 inch lights I saw on my trip out here. I suspect that the cantilevers are a very early Safetran install, as all of the junction boxes and both cantilevers were made by Safetran, yet the 8 inch lights are branded with the RACO logo. According to Google Streetview, back in 2012 this crossing was still fully incandescent with the far signal having a WCH mechanical bell and the near signal still retaining a WABCO gate mechanism. Since then, the lights were upgraded to 8 inch Electro-tech LEDs (which was a bit of a nice surprise, rather than the lights being replaced outright as it seems UP normally does), and both the remaining mechanical bell and WABCO gate mech were replaced. Probably should've made sure my shot was a bit better centered though.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.