27th Street, Sacramento, CA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

27th Street, Sacramento, CA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 am

*originally recorded on 10-28-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Safetran Fading LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Alstom LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Safetran Fading LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Alstom LED gate lights.
R Street signal on the left: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Safetran Fading LEDs.
R Street signal on the right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Safetran Fading LEDs.

This crossing features yet another pair of Safetran signals from the 1980s, with the typical early 2000s SACRT upgrade to the lights and bells. However, unlike 28th Street, both bells here are Type 2s. I never did get a chance to record a SACRT crossing with two GS Type 1s, though maybe on a future trip I'll be able to. Like 28th Street, this also has a pair of gateless mast signals for R Street warning cars that might want to turn left across the tracks about any oncoming trains.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.