Farmstead Lane, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Farmstead Lane, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:16 pm

*originally recorded on 12-26-18*

Northbound signal: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a 4 inch NEG LED gate light, a 7 inch NEG LED gate light, and a 7 inch NEG incandescent gate light.
Southbound signal: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a dead General Signals Type 2(?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a 7 inch NEG incandescent gate light, and 2 7 inch NEG LED gate lights.

I had tried (and failed) to properly record this crossing the week before, so I made sure to get it on this trip. This crossing is pretty similar to Old Horn Springs Road, right down to having the tip gate lights be incandescent! However, the main difference here is that the General Signals e-bell is older (and we believe it was a Type 2, based on how faded it is), and said bell is also dead. The crossing is also right next to a rather sharp curve. As such, the lights facing northbound traffic, along with the crossbuck on the northbound signal, are angled rather sharply off to one side. This also causes the gate arm on the northbound signal to partially obscure the crossbuck when raised.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.