Rutherford Lane, Columbia, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Rutherford Lane, Columbia, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:13 am

*originally recorded on 3-18-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Alston 12x20 inch lights with Rebel Railway Supply Co. LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and General Signals LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Alston 12x20 inch lights with Rebel Railway Supply Co. LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and General Signals LED gate lights.

This crossing was a high-priority crossing for me today, being the only other crossing I was aware of in Tennessee with Rebel Railway Supply Co. LEDs. Not entirely sure when the signals were installed, but it appears to have been the mid-2000s, making this one of the earlier installs of an e-bell on the TSRR. Interestingly enough, the masts, counterweight arms, and junction boxes are all from RSI, which makes me think the TSRR ordered these through them, likely prior to RSI starting to make their own light heads and LEDs. Also, only two of the gate lights here work: the one on the tip of the far gate arm and the one closest to the signal on the near gate arm. Also, on both signals, the rear lights are spread farther apart than the front lights. This is especially noticeable on the far signal, which has the front lights a bit closer together than they would typically be. The bells here also ring when the gates rise, which is a bit unusual for the TSRR.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/Columbia/Rutherford
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.