Zion Road, Mt. Pleasant, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Zion Road, Mt. Pleasant, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:53 am

*originally recorded on 3-18-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead General Signals (Type 3?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead General Signals (Type 2?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

This was another high-priority crossing for me, as previously, this crossing had a Safetran mechanical bell paired with a WCH mechanical bell. Apparently they died between my last visit to this crossing and this visit, and were replaced with a pair of General Signals e-bells, which are also now dead. Either the e-bells just died very soon after being installed, or the wiring in the signals leading up to the bells has rotted, which caused the signal maintainer to think they were dead. Based on how faded the closer e-bell is, while the far one looks rather new, I suspect that had both bells been working, it would've been a GS Type 2/GS Type 3 mixture here. Both gate mechanisms here also lower a bit hard, causing one of the gate arms to almost strike a truck that decided to run the signals. All but one of the NEG gate lights here work as well. The one on the tip of the near gate does indeed work, but it's rather dim for some reason. It also flashes, interestingly enough. US 43 can be seen in the background, passing over the road.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.