Flex Drive, Jackson, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Flex Drive, Jackson, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 pm

*originally recorded on 6-21-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights and an NEG electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights.

This was the fifth and final crossing I caught the CSX local at. They were switching a customer on the north side of the crossing, and it wound-up taking them half an hour to do so. While they did regularly pull clear of the road to let traffic through, they never pulled far enough away to have the signals shut-off, so they remained on for the entire switching operation.

This crossing is a somewhat nice one. It features another pair of old L&N signals that've received a few changes over the years. The original lights appear to have been upgraded by CSX at some point in the 1980s, making these the only incandescent WCH lights in the city of Jackson. The original WRRS bell managed to survive until at least 2012, but at some point within the last 7 years, it was replaced with the current NEG e-bell. Given how long this crossing can remain active, it's easy to see why it died though. In fact, it's kinda impressive just how long it managed to hang on in service, given how long this crossing can be active for.
I also would've set-up on the other side of the crossing, but one of the plant employees kindly informed me that they didn't allow anyone who wasn't with the railroad/plant on that side of the crossing. No-one bothered me over here though, I guess due to being in what appears to be a utility easement.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.