Ridgecrest Road, Jackson, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Ridgecrest Road, Jackson, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 pm

*originally recorded on 7-9-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Safetran gate lights.
Far median signal: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Safetran gate lights.
Near median signal: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Safetran gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Safetran gate lights.

This crossing is one that I had tried to get last time, but wound-up missing for some stupid reasons on my part. However, I was finally able to get it, so I'm glad. The crossing is a rather nice all-Safetran install that appears to have been put-up by the WTNN in the early 2000s. In fact, literally everything here is from Safetran, even the gate arms! The bell also continues ringing while the gates are down, which is a bit interesting, and the closer median signal features a pair of Safetran 12x24s from the 90s, which were likely re-used from another crossing. Personally, I prefer the other side as you can set-up there and get a good view of the entire crossing without any plants getting in the way of the closest shoulder signal, still glad I recorded this though. And, personally, this set-up reminds me of some of the crossings TheSignalman2000's recorded on his local CN lines.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.