Sims Street, Bainbridge, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Sims Street, Bainbridge, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:38 pm

*originally recorded on 8-1-19*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of WCH 8 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 8 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

On August 1st, I made another drive back out to the Dothan Sub in Georgia to try to chase A724 again. After confirming with the crew of the Bainbridge local that A724 hadn't come through yet (and chatting with them for a while), I went on over to this crossing, where I was able to begin my chase of A724 with an ES40DC leading an AC44CW.

This crossing is a pretty nice one, featuring a pair of old SCL signals that are still largely original. In fact, up until sometime between 2013 and 2019, the right-hand signal still had its original WCH bell, which has obviously since been replaced. Either way, it's certainly quite nice to have been able to record this crossing, especially since it was the last crossing on the Dothan Sub with 8 inch lights in Bainbridge that I needed to record! Also, even with the new e-bell, I do personally think that the right-hand signal looks quite nice, for some reason. The bell combo here also sounds quite nice as well.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.