Ash Crossing Road, near Brinson, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Ash Crossing Road, near Brinson, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 am

*originally recorded on 8-1-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching A724 on the east side of Brinson, I chased them over to this crossing on the west side of town. According to Google Street View, this crossing was installed sometime between February of 2008 and May of 2009, replacing a pair of crossbucks, and pretty much remained unchanged afterwards. However, between 2017 and 2019, the original Safetran lights on the far signal were replaced with the current WCH lights. Not entirely sure why this was done, but I'm guessing it was due to damage from Hurricane Michael. I do like CSX installs of this age though, especially when they still have their original Safetran Type 3s and Dialight Ball LEDs, so it was nice to record another signal like this, I guess.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.