A Street, Jasper, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

freebrickproductions

A Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:33 am

*originally recorded on 9-20-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the train in Townley, I chased him on over to Jasper. I was going to record the crossing immediately to the west of here, as it had some old BN WCH signals, but I found out that BNSF had replaced those sometime recently and that crossing was also malfunctioning. So I decided to head on over to this crossing instead, where I wound-up meeting a local railfan.
For whatever reason, this crossing failed to deactivate for about a good minute after the train had passed. Thinking that this crossing was stuck down like the other malfunctioning one, I decided to go ahead and head on and try to get him in Cordova, only for the crossing to finally deactivate once I was tossing my camera in the car...
Oh well.
On the bright-side though, this crossing does still retain a pair of late-BN signals from the mid-90s, with really the only major changes being that both of the original Safetran mechanical bells were replaced at some point.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...
Probably a furry.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
freebrickproductions

Re: A Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

No changes as of 11-13-20:
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...
Probably a furry.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!