7th Street #2, Gadsden, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

7th Street #2, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 pm

*originally recorded on 10-8-19*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights and a WRRS mechanical bell.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights.

The local connected back up to the loaded center-beam flatbeds, and then, a few minutes later, and went on out to Glenco to do some switching.

This crossing is another pretty nice one. Like with most of the other crossings I recorded today, this crossing features a pair of later L&N signals, that haven't had many changes since they were installed. In fact, like Meighan Boulevard, this crossing features a bell older than the signals themselves, which makes me believe these replaced an older pair of L&N signals.
The red truck decided to ignore the signals and drive through the crossing, but got stopped at the traffic light on this crossing. As such, they wound-up stopping with their rear end hanging over (or at least dangerously close to) the tracks, causing the engineer to have to lay on the horn. The driver of the truck eventually just decided to run the red light to get out of the way before getting hit, with the train rather close to the crossing. Really just shows why you should really just wait rather than trying to beat a train.
And like with 6th Avenue #4, this crossing's name is the result of there being two 7th Streets with the exact same name, and this is the eastern one.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Gadsden/7_2
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: 7th Street #2, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:48 pm

No changes here as of 9-23-21:

freebrickproductions

Re: 7th Street #2, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am

*originally recorded on 4-16-24*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights and an NEG electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights.

After catching the second part of Y102 in Glencoe, I went on up to this crossing while they put the two parts of their train back together. After a little bit of waiting, I was able to catch ATN Y102 at my fourth crossing of the day.

Sadly, sometime after I last recorded this crossing, the ATN replaced the classic WRRS mechanical bell here. Weirdly, they chose to reuse an NEG e-bell here, and I believe this one came from Air Depot Road in Glencoe. Thankfully, the late-L&N cantilevers here and their original MI 12x20s have remained unchanged since I last recorded them.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Gadsden/7_2/