Elmwood Avenue #1, Gadsden, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Elmwood Avenue #1, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:17 pm

*originally recorded on 10-8-19*

Eastbound signal: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights and a WCH mechanical bell.
Westbound signal: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights and a WCH mechanical bell.

1st Video:
About an hour after catching the local freight heading up the Goodyear Branch, they came back down the branch carrying one hopper. However, after crossing 6th Avenue #4, they cut-off the hopper and then continued across this crossing back to their train.

2nd Video:
After I caught the local at Hoke Street, they stopped the train at 6th Street #3 and 7th Street #2, and disconnected the power to pick-up the hopper they left on the Goodyear Branch earlier. I stopped over at 6th Street #3 to see what kind of GS e-bell it has (a GS Type 1, pleasantly enough) before continuing over to this crossing, were I was just able to get set-up in time to see the GP40-2LW pair rolling back to their train with the one hopper in tow.

This crossing is another nice one. In fact, this crossing is pretty much a pure-1980s CSX install! A bit unusually, the mast signal uses 12x20s instead of 12x24s, but it's quite nice to see. Even better to see though was that both WCH mechanical bells here sound excellent! All in all, I'm glad to have recorded this crossing. In my second video of the crossing, you can see Elmwood Avenue #2 in the background.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Gadsden/Elmwood1
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.