26th Street, Gadsden, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

26th Street, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:25 pm

*originally recorded on 10-8-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights and 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights, 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights, and a Modern Industries mechanical bell.

This was the last crossing I caught the local at. They took longer than I was expecting (possibly due to an NS local switching Siskin Yard), so I decided to head on and document the remains of the NS AG Branch, but I saw them approaching and quickly got set back up, just before the crossing activated. I guess I'll have to see about re-recording this crossing the next time I'm in the area.
EIther way, it's a pretty nice crossing. I'm not entirely sure if this is a later-L&N install or an older SBD install, but it doesn't appear to have changed at all (for the most part) since it was installed, which is quite nice to see. Like with 9th Street #1 and 6th Street #4, this crossing is another all MI install, which is also nice to find these days.
I've also been able to record every active mechanical bell in Gadsden with this video, so that's quite nice to have achieved as well.
As you can see, the crossing tail-ring malfunctioned after the train passed. In fact, it did this twice, with the second one literally happening almost immediately after I shut off my camera.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Gadsden/26
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: 26th Street, Gadsden, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:41 pm

No major changes here as of 9-23-21:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.