Claremont Ave Independence, MO

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Nascar Fan007

Claremont Ave Independence, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Signal on the right features a safetran gate mechanism, UP led gate lights, safetran 12x20 lights with UP lights retrofitted in them, and a wch mechanical bell
Signal on the left also features a safetran gate mechanism, UP led gate lights, safetran 12x20 lights with UP lights retrofitted in them, and a gs type 3 e bell.
Apologies if I briefly talked in this video. I went to go film the eastbound Amtrak Missouri River Runner with fellow railfan and friend, Independence Rail. Crossing itself is unique in a few ways, for one, both bells at this crossing ring the entire time the signals are active which is uncommon for this section of crossings as most of the bells here stop ringing as the gates lower, Second, this crossing has a working wch mechanical bell, and lastly, this crossing has a gs type 3 e bell which replaced a dead wch mechanical bell back in 2017.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Re: Claremont Ave Independence, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Caught another train at this crossing. Nothing has changed to this crossing since I last filmed here.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:57 pm

I did also catch this westbound mixed freight as well. This time on the side with the gs type 3. For some odd reason after Vermont Ave's signals activated, Sterling Ave's signals activated before this crossing did. I'm not sure why though.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:38 am

Recorded on 3-10-20. No major changes has happened to this crossing since the last time I filmed here in December.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Recorded on 6-4-20. I haven't filmed this crossing in awhile. No changes have occurred since I last filmed here back in March.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:42 am

Recorded on 3-4-21. Certainty glad I was able to film this crossing again as I really like the bell combo here. Thankfully no changes have happened here since the last time I've filmed here.