Old Shocco Road, near Talladega, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Old Shocco Road, near Talladega, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm

*originally recorded on 12-2-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the intermodal train with BNSF power, I went on over to this crossing where I saw that the signal at the siding was showing an approach medium for another eastbound train. As such, I decided to set-up here, and a little while later, CSX A714 came rolling through with a pretty decently sized train.

This crossing is another decent one. These signals are a 1990s CSX install that appear to still be mostly original. In the mid-2000s CSX replaced the original bells with Safetran Type 2 e-bells. Then, sometime between 2013 and 2018, CSX replaced the bells here again with the current NEG e-bells, along with both gate arms and the gate lights. However, the lights still remain incandescent, which is quite nice to see.
Also, if you look closely at the far signal, you can see that the gate lights were messed-up, with all three remaining on steady, though they had apparently fixed themselves by the time the train passed.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... ld_Shocco/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Old Shocco Road, near Talladega, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:13 am

*originally recorded on 10-14-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a RECO LED gate light, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.

After catching I125, I continued on back over to this crossing as M222 had pulled-up in the siding to meet the two intermodals. However, I found that train still in the siding, getting a crew change, with another southbound lined behind I125. I soon started hearing the third southbound approaching, which turned-out to be CSX L818 again, with the same pair of GP38-2s as last time.

Since I was last here, about half of the gate lights here were replaced with NEG LEDs. Otherwise, this pair of 90s CSX signals has remained otherwise unchanged since my last video of this crossing. Amusingly, it seems some more gate lights will be getting replaced on the closer signal as two of them are just about dead, including the newer NEG LED.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... ld_Shocco/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.