Crackerneck Rd, Independence, MO

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Nascar Fan007

Crackerneck Rd, Independence, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am

Recorded on 6-4-20. This was our first catch of the day. Myles and I went out to this crossing since we both wanted to catch this crossing in action. These signals were installed sometime in 2017 or 2018 replacing the previous gateless signals (which you can see what they looked like on google maps streetview). Shame KCS replaced the older signals at this crossing. The bells here only ring from startup until the gates lower which is common on most of KCS's crossings with the exception of McCoy St, and 17th St #2 as their bells ring again when the gates go back up. I wanna say that these signals were installed around the same time 17th St's as they both have similar equipment with the exception of the gate mechs. The gate mechs here as they appear to be reused safetran gate mechanisms while 17th St's are Siemens gate mechs. I wanna assume that these gate mechs were reused from another crossing on the Mexico Sub. I'm not 100% sure, but giving how discolored the mechanism cover is from the rest of the signal. Anyway, the train we caught here is another KCS grain train which by this portion of the Mexico Sub, the speed is upgraded from 30 MPH to 40 MPH as the grade isn't steep as it is over by Rock Creek Junction as well as behind my house.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Re: Crackerneck Rd, Independence, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Recorded on 11-3-20. No changes have happened here since I last filmed here. This video was a chore to edit as it for some reason came out slanted. Thankfully I was able to edit it as good as I can.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.