Atherton Sibley Rd, Atherton, MO

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Nascar Fan007

Atherton Sibley Rd, Atherton, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Recorded on 6-15-20. Our third and final catch of the day. After we got done filming at Curtis Rd, we had one final stop of the day which was film this crossing in action. I do apologize for the back lit shot. I was trying to get a shot of the crossing with the searchlights in it. This crossing still retains older signals dating back to the atsf days thankfully, but I'm sure these signals won't be here for much longer as I have a feeling that BNSF is gonna replace these signals sometime along with ripping out the searchlights which are sadly disconnected as there are Vader signals down the line that may have been replacements for the searchlights here. As for the crossing signals themselves, crossing features a pair of safetran gate mechanisms mounted to safetran bases, both signals have safetran 12x20 lights with either Electo-Tech or gs leds in them. Only bell here at this crossing is a gs type 2 which rings the entire time the signals are active as opposed to the other crossings on this line that have their bells stop ringing as the gates begin to rise. This crossing also has reco incandescent gate lights which can be found on the far signal. The closest signals has reco led gate lights on it. '
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Re: Atherton Sibley Rd, Atherton, MO

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Both videros were recorded 6-16-20. I managed to film this crossing again, this time on the bell less signal side.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Recorded on 1-19-21. Finally was able to record this crossing in action again as I've been dying to film this crossing again. Thankfully BNSF didn't rip out the searchlights here. Crossing itself remains unchanged outside of the new grade BNSF replaced when they did track work here last summer.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Got a vid of the new signals in action from when I went out to film some trains on 4-16-22. Planning on filming this crossing again once the construction wraps up. It's a real shame this crossing had to get new signals, but I knew at some point in time BNSF was going to be replacing the searchlights here.