Miracle Lane, Vidalia, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Miracle Lane, Vidalia, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 pm

*originally recorded on 6-29-20*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Harmon 12x24 inch lights with Harmon Dotted LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Harmon 12x24 inch lights with Harmon Dotted LEDs, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching GC L781 in Soperton, Ethan and I chased it on down to Vidalia, though we had to wait a little while for them as they stopped to switch an industry in Tarrytown. The GP38s did sound quite nice as they approached the crossing, though, IMHO, they probably would've sounded better if they were the high-hood U23Bs the GC had before instead.

This crossing is another pretty nice one, especially since it has what I believe is the only GS Type 1 on the Georgia Central! The signals here appear to be a late-90s GC install, and no major changes appear to have occurred here since it was installed. The gate arms were likely replaced at some point though, and the gate lights on them currently are miswired.
Still, it was nice to film this crossing, especially since the bell here rings until the signals shut-off.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.