19th Street, Jasper, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

freebrickproductions

19th Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am

*originally recorded on 8-5-20*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

After catching NS 329, I went back down to downtown Jasper to catch NS 320 one final time. I would've preferred to set-up at a gateless crossing a bit south of this one, but sadly, there wasn't any ambient light there. However, this one managed to have a street lamp located right above the crossing on this side, so I just set-up here instead.

This crossing is a pretty alright one, featuring a pair of modern NS signals. Previously, this crossing had a pair of gated signals installed by NS in the 1980s, which remained almost completely unchanged up through the 2000s. Then, sometime between 2008 and 2014, the original Safetran mechanical bell here was replaced with a General Signals e-bell (most likely a Type 2). However, that GS Type 2 didn't last nearly as long, as sometime around 2014/2015, NS replaced both signals here, and the crossing hasn't changed since.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...
Probably a furry.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
freebrickproductions

Re: 19th Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:20 am

No changes as of 11-12-20:
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...
Probably a furry.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!