Doliska Road #1, Dora, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

freebrickproductions

Doliska Road #1, Dora, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:09 am

*originally recorded on 11-12-20*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This was the third crossing I chased NS 329 to on November 12th. It's a pretty decent, if a bit boring, mid-2000s NS install, with the really only notable change apparently being that the gate lights here were upgraded to LEDs at some point.
However, I wanted to record it as the hill located on this side of the crossing provides for a nice angle. This crossing does have the only cantilever signal in Dora, however, and a bit unusually, at least for NS, the bell on the cantilever is actually found on the gate mast. Not entirely sure why this was done, as NS tends to prefer to place their bells on the cantilever mast, but I don't really mind it too much.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Dora/Doliska1/
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...
Probably a furry.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!