Highland Street, Cordova, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Highland Street, Cordova, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:02 pm

*originally recorded on 11-13-20*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights and a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights and 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights.

After catching H-BIRMEM in Jasper, I was trying to work my way to a siding on the west side of town to see if there were any southbounds waiting to go there. However, the signal at CP South Jasper upgraded to approach for another northbound train, and after doing some thinking, I realized that some chatter I heard on the scanner earlier was from a southbound train waiting in a siding between Jasper and Cordova! As such, I went on back to this crossing in Cordova (missing the second northbound in the process, though I don't really mind), and set-up for a train here. After a while of waiting (and spending a bit of time chatting with a local woman who was walking to a nearby store to pick-up her lunch), H-MEMBIR came through with an H2 AC44CW leading an H3 ES44C4 on the head-end and another H3 ES44C4 working as the rear-DPU! Certainly nice that both of the BNSF trains I caught today had H2 leaders on them.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring what appears to have originally been an old pair of gateless Frisco signals at it. In the 1980s, however, the BN replaced at least the main lights on the closer signal with a set of WCH 12x24 inch lights, along with the entire signal on the other side (it appears). Then, in the 90s, all of the lights on the far signal were replaced with the current Safetran 12x20s, along with the side lights on the closer signal (no idea if these were originally upgraded in the 80s or not, though). Then, in the 2000s, the bell here was replaced with a General Signals e-bell. The signals then remained rather unchanged for several years, until sometime recently, when the bell was replaced once again with the current GS Type 3 e-bell.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/C ... ghland_St/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Highland Street, Cordova, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:44 pm

No changes as of 1-27-22:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.