Jochum Road, Garden City, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Jochum Road, Garden City, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:19 pm

*originally recorded on 8-26-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

On August 26th, I went back to the CSX S&NA North Sub to see about getting more crossings recorded, starting-out in Garden City and then working my way north. When I got down here, I found-out there were two trains lined north, a short mixed freight and Q026. The mixed freight wound-up coming first, stopping at Middle Hanceville a bit before continuing on up to the north end of Hanceville siding. Here we see it going across Jochum Road with a pair of ES44AHs for power.

This crossing is a pretty alright one, and is honestly the most interesting crossing in Garden City by the virtue of being the only one without an NEG e-bell. The signals here are a late-2000s/early 2010s CSX install, though like pretty much the rest of these installs along this line, the original Safetran Type 3 e-bell here was replaced at some point. I will admit I was kinda hoping the bell would be a GS Type 3, but I suppose a Type 2's pretty alright as well. This crossing is also located on the border between Garden City and Hanceville, with Hanceville being on the north side of the road and Garden City being on the south side.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/G ... ty/Jochum/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Jochum Road, Garden City, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:53 pm

Got a night-time video of this crossing from the other side on 2-17-23:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.