McFerran Street, Horse Cave, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

McFerran Street, Horse Cave, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm

*originally recorded on 12-3-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Federal Signal 8 inch lights, a GRS gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Federal Signal 8 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a GRS gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I caught M575, I decided to go chase I142 north. I wanted to chase it to Smiths Grove, but was only able to get caught-up with it at Park City. However, I thankfully was able to beat it to this crossing in Horse Cave with a few minutes to spare, and here we see CSX I142 once again, flying through Horse Cave.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring another classic L&N install from the 1970s. In the late-90s or early-2000s, CSX replaced the bell here with a General Signals e-bell, possibly a Type 1. Then, sometime between 2013 and 2019, CSX replaced the bell here once again, with the current NEG e-bell. Since then, the crossing has thankfully remained largely unchanged, outside of the replacement of both gate arms sometime after 2019.
I'm definitely glad to see these classic 8 inch L&N signals are still around with their original lights and GRS gate mechs. Hopefully they still remain here for many more years to come.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/ ... /McFerran/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.