North Street (KY 1171), Franklin, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

North Street (KY 1171), Franklin, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:57 pm

*originally recorded on 12-4-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, a RECO gate light, a RECO LED gate light, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.

After M575 came through, I went on up to this crossing to get it recorded as well. After a couple of hours of waiting, and a bit before sunset, I was able to catch this CSX I142 with an ES44AH leading an AC44CW for power. After this, I went on back to EthantheRailfanner's house for the evening.

This crossing is a very nice one, featuring another 90s CSX install that's still almost fully original. The WCH mechanical bell here is still rather healthy sounding, which is great to see. Another great thing about this crossing is that it also retains half of its original incandescent gate lights, which are growing increasingly rare on CSX's trackage. All in all, this is a great crossing that I'm glad I finally got to record.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/Franklin/North/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.