Sunset Avenue, Smiths Grove, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Sunset Avenue, Smiths Grove, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:25 am

*originally recorded on 12-5-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights and a Modern Industries mechanical bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights and a WCH mechanical bell.

After catching M575 in Bowling Green, I went on over to Smiths Grove to wait for I142 at this crossing. I didn't have to wait too long, however, as soon I142 came flying through with an ES40DC leading an AC44CW for power.

This crossing is a rather nice one, though, admittedly, I ain't entirely sure if this is a late-L&N one or an early SBD one, though I kinda suspect the latter based on the equipment. Either way, this crossing seems to still be fully original and retains a great sounding mechanical bell pair at it, though the MI bell does sound a bit on the rough side. The lights do need a bit of TLC though, as they're rather dim (especially the front lights on the closer signal), and I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if CSX gives this crossing an LED upgrade at some point. Regardless, this is definitely a great little crossing and I'm glad I was able to get it recorded.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/R-Z/ ... ve/Sunset/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.