Old Morgantown Road, Bowling Green, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Old Morgantown Road, Bowling Green, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:09 pm

*originally recorded on 12-6-23*

Signal on the far left: 2 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights, a GRS/WRRS gate mechanism, NEG LED gate lights, and a RECO LED gate light.
Signal on the near left: 2 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 3.5 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights, 1 Federal Signal 8 inch light, an NEG electronic bell, a GRS/WRRS gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I caught M575 in Sonora, I decided to chase it back south to this crossing, which I beat it to with a good amount of time to spare. Here we see CSX M575 once again, preparing to work the yard in Bowling Green on their journey south to Nashville.

This crossing is another great one, featuring a very classic L&N install from the 1960s or early-70s, though, admittedly, I'm not sure if the one Federal Signal light here would be original to the install or not. Either way, it seems it was largely unchanged up until sometime between 2008 and 2013, when CSX replaced the bell here with the current NEG e-bell. Thankfully, since then, no major changes have occurred to the classic L&N signals here.
I'm glad to see these signals here are still fairly original, complete with 8 inch lights and their original GRS/WRRS Type D gate mechs. The far signal is also located a bit back from the crossing, as it appears to still be in place from when there was a second track here originally. It appears the closest signal also still retains the unused mounts for the 2 tracks sign it would've originally had.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/ ... organtown/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.