10th Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

10th Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:47 am

*originally recorded on 12-7-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, NEG LED gate lights, and a RECO LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After the southbound mixed freight came through, I went on over to this crossing and set-up for my fourth crossing of the day. Shortly after I got here, this CSX L406 came through with the same pair of GP40-2s for power as the day prior. It seems like it ain't too often you get three trains in a row that all have only one model of locomotive for power, with each one having a different model of locomotive.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring a late-90s CSX install that's still almost entirely original. It appears these signals were installed to replace some older L&N gated signals, likely a pair of double-masts. Thankfully, since they were installed, nothing too major has changed to these signals though, which is rather nice to see. The original GS Type 1 e-bell on the closer signal still sounds great, so hopefully it'll remain around for many more years to come. The closer signal also appears to have its original diagonally-striped gate arm still, which is nice to see as well, though it is looking rather ratty these days, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it gets replaced or at least restriped before too long. Either way, I'm glad I got to record this crossing when I did.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/ ... _Green/10/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.