Emmett Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Emmett Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 am

*originally recorded on 12-7-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights, a WRRS mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching I141 in Gallatin, I returned back to Bowling Green to see about getting this classic crossing filmed. After a little while of waiting, I was able to catch CSX I142 with what was easily my best catch of the day: a YN2 AC44CW leading a YN3b AC44CW for power!

This crossing is a great one, featuring a classic L&N double-mast install that I believe is from the 1960s. In the 2000s, it appears CSX replaced both of the original gate mechanisms here with the current Safetran ones. At about the same time, the far signal had the base on its gate mast replaced with the current one, as the gate mast was also remounted onto a new foundation. Thankfully, since then, nothing has changed to these classic signals, and they still retain their original WRRS 8 inch lights and bell. The far signal also still retains an older, and very worn-out looking, diagonally-striped gate arm, as well as a pair of incandescent gate lights, which are great to see. The backgrounds on the lights here also have a nicely faded and aged look to them as well. Hopefully these classic signals get to remain around for many more years to come.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/ ... en/Emmett/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.