Airport Road, Lebanon Junction, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Airport Road, Lebanon Junction, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 am

*originally recorded on 12-7-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran-branded Siemens gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights, a GRS gate mechanism, and Progress Rail(?) LED gate lights.

After catching I142 in downtown Elizabethtown, I continued chasing it north to Lebanon Junction for one final crossing. Here, after a few minutes of waiting, I was able to catch CSX I142 for one final time.

This crossing is a pretty nice one, featuring what was originally a 1970s L&N install. It appears that in the latter-half of the 2010s, likely around 2017/2018, the far signal here was replaced by CSX for one reason or another. Since then, however, no major changes have occurred to this crossing, thankfully.
Despite the far signal being replaced, the closer signal here remains pretty much fully original, complete with its Modern Industries 12x20s and GRS Type D gate mech. The gate lights on this signal are also the rare-ish Progress Rail (though also possibly NEG) LED gate lights, and I believe are the last ones along this line. Unfortunately, it seems that, despite these gate lights being a relatively modern model of them, they were made rather cheaply as many of the ones that were installed have long since been replaced. It seems like the ones here are on their way out as well, as the middle one is dead and the base one ain't too far behind. Whatever is causing the LEDs inside it to get quite dim, however, also seems to be causing the LEDs to fade-out like an incandescent bulb.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/L-Q/ ... n/Airport/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.