Trails End Lane, Moody, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Trails End Lane, Moody, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:45 am

*originally recorded on 12-20-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After getting a few upgrades in Leeds documented, we continued east to Moody and saw that a westbound was finally on its way. After a little bit of waiting, this westbound intermodal train came through with a pair of NS AC44C6Ms leading an ex-BNSF Wells Fargo-owned SD70MAC for power and a cut of mixed freight on the rear.

This crossing is a nice one, featuring what appears to be a pair of late-SOU signals from the early-1980s, which are thankfully still largely original. In the 2000s, it appears that the original relay case here was replaced. Presumably at about the same time, the closer signal got its current GS Type 2 e-bell, which doesn't seem to have replaced anything. Then, sometime between 2009 and 2013, NS replaced the original bell on the far signal with the current GS Type 2 e-bell. Since then, however, this crossing has thankfully remained largely unchanged.
Strangely, it seems that the front-left light here may have an LED bulb in it. If it does, then this would be the first time I've seen NS do this, but it's possible it's just incandescent and my brain ain't parsing it right or something. Speaking of lights, however, both lights on the rear of the far signal are out, which certainly makes that signal look a bit strange when it activates. Hopefully NS fixes those soon.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Moody/Trails_End/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.