Fossick Lane, near Cherokee, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Fossick Lane, near Cherokee, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:22 pm

*originally recorded on 1-4-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a dead Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After I recorded the 4-way signal and its mechanical controller, I started hearing something very distant approaching over my scanner. As such, I hit the road going west, where I confirmed and eastbound was lined towards Sheffield Yard. Thankfully, I was able to beat it to this crossing with plenty of time to spare, and, after a little while of waiting, I was able to catch this NS 72Z rolling into Cherokee with a pair of BNSF SD70ACes pulling on the head-end and a Ferromex SD70ACe working as the train's DPU!

This crossing is a pretty nice one, being a late-2000s NS install that's still largely original, having replaced a pair of crossbucks here sometime after 2007. It seems at some point, the bell on the closer signal died, unfortunately. Thankfully, the signals here do still remain fully incandescent, which is something that's starting to become harder to find on NS crossings.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Cherokee/Fossick/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.