Hayes Street, Rayville, LA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Hayes Street, Rayville, LA

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:10 am

*originally recorded on 1-31-24*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.

On the morning of January 31st, Juniper and I got on up and went back east to Rayville to see about getting some more Meridian Speedway crossings shot, this time on the CPKC Vicksburg Subdivision across northern Louisiana. Shortly after we got to this crossing and I got set-up, this westbound mixed freight came flying through with an NS AC44C6M leading an NS ES44AC, a KCS SD70ACe, and a KCS GP22ECO for power!

This crossing is a rather nice one, featuring a pair of gated signals that KCS installed here sometime between 2008 and 2013. Thankfully, since these signals were installed, no major changes have occurred to them. Sadly, the closer GE e-bell here has gone dead at some point, but it's nice to see both are still here. Nice to see both signals also still retain their original diagonally-striped gate arms and WCH LED gate lights as well.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.