CR 2745, near Mineola, TX

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

CR 2745, near Mineola, TX

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:47 am

*originally recorded on 2-1-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Alstom LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Alstom LED gate lights.

After catching AMTK 22, we went over to the other crossing in Silver Lake only to quickly find-out it also had recently had its clear LEDs replaced. As such, I decided to try and chase Amtrak back over to this crossing since I figured it'd take a bit at the station stop in Mineola, and this one still had a mechanical bell. Once we got here, I went ahead and got set-up, and was almost able to finish documenting the crossing when the Texas Eagle started blowing for the next crossing west. Here we see the Amtrak Texas Eagle once more, heading north towards Chicago.
Apologies for the issues my camera had focusing towards the end, I didn't realize it'd be a low enough light level for it to start tripping-up the camera's auto-focus.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring another 1990s UP install which is still fairly original. Like with the other one I recorded today, it appears that UP gave this crossing an LED upgrade between 2012 and 2013, though it's a bit hard to tell for certain. However, unlike the other one, sometime between 2018 and 2022 here, UP replaced the original WCH mechanical bell on the far signal with the current GS Type 3. Thankfully, the closer signal still retains its original bell, which is great to see. All in all, this is another nice little crossing, and I'm glad I got to film it as well.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.