Cadiz Street, Dallas, TX

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Cadiz Street, Dallas, TX

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:18 pm

*originally recorded on 2-2-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a dying(?) WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I got Canton Street filmed, I walked on over to this crossing on the other side of I-30 to get it filmed as well, especially since it still retains a mechanical bell. Here we see two light rail trains: a southbound one that ain't in service, and a northbound Blue Line train, both within the same activation.

This crossing is another pretty nice one, featuring another pair of signals from the mid-90s. It seems that the only major change here was an LED upgrade back in the 2000s, with the signals having thankfully remained largely unchanged since. Interestingly, the bell here rings from when the gates begin lowering until the signals have shut-off, which isn't an operation you see much of. Admittedly, the bell here does also sound noticeably weaker than they usually do, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's supposed to start when the signals do, but doesn't get going until the gate mech shakes the mast its on and causes it to actually start.
You can also see part of the skyline of downtown Dallas in the background of this video.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.