Green Cove Road, Huntsville, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Green Cove Road, Huntsville, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

*originally recorded on 3-13-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs and a non-functional General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 2.5 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, 1 Safetran 12x20 inch light with a Dialight Ball LED, 1 pair of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, and an NEG electronic bell.

On March 13th, I went out to catch the local siren test, which had been delayed a week due to unfavorable weather the week prior. On my way to the siren, I saw the HMCR was working at Rocket, so, after the test, I decided to swing back by to see where they were at. Thankfully, they were still working at Rocket, so I decided to set-up and wait. After a little bit, they finished their work, and departed with HMCR 8539, HMCR 9554, and HMCR 8560 pulling a 19-car mixed freight back north to downtown Huntsville!

This crossing is the newest signalized one on the HMCR, with a pair of gateless signals having been installed here to replace the crossbucks that used to protect this 5-lane road. The cantilever here, along with all of the Safetran 12x20 inch lights and GE Uniform Look LEDs on it, came from the grade-separated Greenbrier Parkway crossing. One of the lights had its original GE Uniform Look LED replaced with a (reused?) Dialight Ball LED, due to water getting within that LED and ruining it. The rear overhead lights and LEDs, and the other signal, are entirely brand new. The far signal also originally had a GS Type 3 e-bell from Greenbrier Parkway, which was replaced by the current GS Type 3, but neither wants to work on that signal for some reason. I suspect the bell may eventually be removed.
From what I've heard, this upgrade isn't entirely done yet, as apparently there are going to be another pair of rear overhead lights installed on the cantilever, to help with visibility for traffic coming from over the hill. Either way, it's nice to see that the crossing at Rocket now has signals at it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/H ... reen_Cove/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Green Cove Road, Huntsville, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:59 pm

No changes here as of 3-27-24:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.