6th Avenue, Attalla, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

6th Avenue, Attalla, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm

*originally recorded on 4-16-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After I caught A54 at 13th Avenue, they ran around the wye at the junction with the AG Branch to be able to shove into the yard, while I continued back down to this crossing. I was originally going to try for 179 here, but, as I beat A54 here, I decided to shoot them here instead. Here we see NS A54 once more, shoving through the crossing as they head into NS's small yard in Attalla.

This crossing is another decent one, featuring another 2000s NS install that's basically still fully original. The gate arms here got restriped sometime after 2016, though it appears that the newer striping has begun to come-off and partially reveal the original diagonal striping on them. I'm still glad I was finally able to get this crossing recorded though.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Attalla/6/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.