Mt. Hebron Road, Crews, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Mt. Hebron Road, Crews, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 am

*originally recorded on 4-23-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After getting the new signals in Sulligent documented, I continued on over to Beaverton to get the new signals there documented. When I got there, I first checked the signals at South Beaverton and saw that a southbound was lined through there, so I decided to try for this crossing as I hadn't filmed it yet and raced back over here. I wound-up getting here just in time, as, just as I pulled-up, the intermediate signal just east of this crossing lit-up for the approaching train. Just a couple of minutes later, this southbound loaded coal train came flying through with a pair of new ET44ACHs pulling and another ET44ACH and an SD70ACe working as the DPUs.

This crossing, located in the unincorporated community of Crews, AL, just east of Sulligent, is a pretty new one, with these modern BNSF signals replacing a pair of crossbucks here sometime between my last trip out to this area in mid-2021 and when street view came through here in September of 2022. I actually had documented these back in 2023, but I haven't put them on the site yet, so no link to them yet. Still, despite being very new, the signals here do honestly look rather nice, so I'm glad I got to record them.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.