Harvest Street, Winfield, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Harvest Street, Winfield, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 am

*originally recorded on 4-23-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.

After I got the new signals at Cambridge Drive documented, I continued on over to this crossing and got the new signals here documented as well. As I was finishing-up, I heard E-PAMATM blowing for the crossings in Glen Allen, so I grabbed my camcorder and got set-up. After a bit of waiting, I was able to catch E-PAMATM once again, this time passing through Winfield at about sunset. After the train passed, the security guard at the plant seen just beyond the crossing walked over curious as to what I was doing, thankfully alright with me filming this crossing on this evening.

This crossing is a pretty decent one, featuring another modern BNSF install, though I do wish I was able to record this crossing back in 2021. Originally, there was a pair of late-80s/early-90s BN signals here, though, sometime between 2008 and 2013, the original WCH mechanical bell here was sadly replaced with a GS e-bell (I'm guessing a Type 2). The crossing then remained largely unchanged for several more years, even remaining incandescent and retaining its original 80s-style Safetran gate mechs, but, sometime between 2021 and 2023 (I suspect in 2022, though I can't say for certain), BNSF upgraded this crossing entirely, replacing the signals here with the current ones. It appears that, despite being less than two to three or so years old, one of the original RECO LED gate lights on the closer signal here has already died and been replaced with the current NEG LED gate light. It's a shame the old signals here are gone, but at least I did finally get this crossing shot. The angle from this side with the plant in the background is also rather neat as well, IMHO.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/Winfield/Harvest/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.