St. Louis Street, Meridian, MS

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

St. Louis Street, Meridian, MS

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:33 pm

*originally recorded on 4-27-24*

Signal on the left: 5 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

While I was waiting for 131 to get going, Amtrak 19 arrived at Meridian and then departed, lining-up behind 131. As such, once I shot 131, I raced on up to the next crossing north (that being this one), and set-up here with about a minute or two to spare. Here we see Amtrak 19 heading south on its own journey to New Orleans, with an ALC-42 leading a P42DC for power.

This crossing is a decent one, if a bit on the boring side. The signals here appear to have originally been a 1970s SOU install, but, in the 2000s, it appears that NS replaced all of the lights, the bell, and the relay case with the current ones. Then, sometime between 2008 and 2014, the gate masts were replaced with the current ones, and the rear mast lights were either moved from the cantilevers to the new gate masts, or the rear mast lights that were originally on the cantilevers were replaced with the ones on the gate masts. Either way, since then, nothing too major appears to have changed to this crossing.
Amazingly, the closer signal still retains an old, and very worn-out looking, white NS ENS sign on it. Strangely, this one appears to use the design that was more typically seen on crossbucks rather than signals, but I'm glad it still exists either way. All in all, this ain't a bad crossing, and I'm glad I got to record it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Mississippi/G ... /St_Louis/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.