Montgomery Avenue, Thorsby, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Montgomery Avenue, Thorsby, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed May 08, 2024 12:44 pm

*originally recorded on 5-1-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching M646 in Clanton, we chased it north out of Clanton, finding-out they were going to be pulling into Jemison Siding to meet an M523. As such, I decided to try for this crossing, since I hadn't recorded it yet and I was able to beat it here with some time to spare. Here we see M646 once again, this time pulling into the siding in Jemison.

This crossing is another decent one, featuring a CSX install from 2013, per street view (with the signals being activated by the time street view came through again about a year later). Since then, no major changes have occurred to the signals themselves, though the closer signal has had an LED array pop out from the gasket and the bell on it has also died at some point. In 2023, however, Jemison Siding got extended south towards this crossing, with the switch now being located just north of it. As such, the relay case here was replaced, with the crossing's relays and detection/control equipment now housed in the much larger case for South End Jemison.
Due to the signals here having originally been installed in 2013, I suspect the gate mechs here were either reused from another crossing or were New Old Stock that CSX or Invensys Rail still had on-hand.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... ontgomery/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.