Canadian Pacific

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

AndrewFields

Canadian Pacific

Post by AndrewFields » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:29 pm

I had my first NARS conductor course today and met some really great guys my age. I was talking to one who worked briefly for CP and has echoed everything we've discussed here: how much they suck. They don't treat their employees worth a damn and jerk them around. Seems like a crap company from head to toe.
You think your car gets bad mileage? SP 4449 consumes 10 gallons of bunker oil and 100 gallons of water every mile.
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Re: Canadian Pacific

Post by Smjh1979 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Ask them about working for BNSF and CSX. They'll probably say the same thing that they say about CP.
owensri
Site Admin

Post by owensri » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:19 pm

CN seems to be about the best Class 1 there is...as I don't hear anything bad about them. Everyone that works for them that I've known loves it, and the supervisors are awesome. But that's just in this area. I can't speak for the rest of the system...
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 pm

owensri wrote:CN seems to be about the best Class 1 there is...as I don't hear anything bad about them. Everyone that works for them that I've known loves it, and the supervisors are awesome. But that's just in this area. I can't speak for the rest of the system...
It definitely does seem to make a difference where. Here in Wisconsin, I've never heard anything bad about CP's treatment of its employees. Now CN is a different matter...
Texastrainman

Post by Texastrainman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 am

Does a railroad's reputation depend on the location? Image
Don't mess with Texas.
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:56 am

It does seem to vary between different parts of the system, on these far-flung Class Is.