CSX in Orlando?

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

CSX in Orlando?

Post by NathanFromEngland » Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 pm

I can't see CSX listed on some Orlando crossings. And i'm wondering "Why?"

I looked on the FRA on this crossing featured on the website.
http://rxrsignals.com/Florida/Orlando/West_Central/

And the FRA says the only railroads that use it is Central Florida Comutter Rail and Amtrak!

This can't be right! :aaargh:
ZachL

Re: CSX in Orlando?

Post by ZachL » Thu May 11, 2017 1:19 pm

CSX sold their "A" line trackage in the Orlando metropolitan area to the Florida Department of Transportation in 2010, and the trackage now operates the commuter rail service known as SunRail. I am not sure if any freight traffic is still used on the line, but the sale has caused increase usage of the CSX "S" line from Plant City up through Ocala.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm

ZachL wrote:CSX sold their "A" line trackage in the Orlando metropolitan area to the Florida Department of Transportation in 2010, and the trackage now operates the commuter rail service known as SunRail. I am not sure if any freight traffic is still used on the line, but the sale has caused increase usage of the CSX "S" line from Plant City up through Ocala.
We should add the Sunrail logo to the page. I recently did some research on crossings on the site that Brightline will operate over and I added the Brightline logo to the pages on KompoZer. I think I'll send them to David for one of his updates in the future.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Thu May 11, 2017 1:35 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ZachL wrote:CSX sold their "A" line trackage in the Orlando metropolitan area to the Florida Department of Transportation in 2010, and the trackage now operates the commuter rail service known as SunRail. I am not sure if any freight traffic is still used on the line, but the sale has caused increase usage of the CSX "S" line from Plant City up through Ocala.
We should add the Sunrail logo to the page. I recently did some research on crossings on the site that Brightline will operate over and I added the Brightline logo to the pages on KompoZer. I think I'll send them to David for one of his updates in the future.
Bit early to do that, its mean't to be coming around 2019 or this year i believe.

Lets hope SunRail doesn't get succeeded by them.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu May 11, 2017 1:38 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Bit early to do that, its mean't to be coming around 2019 or this year i believe.

Lets hope SunRail doesn't get succeeded by them.
I think this year actually, they're still running test trains. SunRail is a commuter railway for the Orlando area while Brightline is a regional railway for Florida.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:47 am

But does CSX still run on their sold trackage? i'm curious.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 pm

I guess they still run on the A line.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:09 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:I guess they still run on the A line.
That video is from 2015, though.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 pm

ZachL wrote:
But you said CSX sold their A line trackage in 2010.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:
But you said CSX sold their A line trackage in 2010.
They did, but CSX still traversed the line regularly until SunRail was operating, which wasn't until May 1, 2014.

For all we know, CSX could no longer send trains this way. The plan was originally to gradually scale down the amount of freight traffic on the line, that way SunRail could take more advantage of it.