Metro Orange Line Busway Crossing Signals

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

LosAngelesMetro56

Metro Orange Line Busway Crossing Signals

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Los Angeles' Metro Orange Line, our beloved Metro Orange Line BUSWAY is apparently trying to become a train without rails. "I believe I can ride" lookin' @$s busway
http://thesource.metro.net/2017/10/03/n ... vel-times/

https://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4
Last edited by LosAngelesMetro56 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Metro Orange Line is out of thier damn mind

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 pm

They're installed crossing signals on busways that cross public roads? That sounds like a good idea and it sounds pretty neat. What is wrong with that?
Last edited by ToledoRailfan on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:11 pm

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:our beloved Metro Orange Line BUSWAY
What's this "beloved busway" crap? :Roll:

I much preferred that line when it was the SP Burbank Branch... you know an ACTUAL rail line.

On the topic of making a fuss over whether it has signals or not... who cares... anything is better than nothing.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:47 am

Well maybe because a bus line wants to be a train when it grows up. :Tongue2:
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:02 pm

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:Well maybe because a bus line wants to be a train when it grows up. :Tongue2:
Okay then...
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Looks like the eventual plan is to put rails back anyway... so in a way it makes sense, as the signals will already be in place.
Well, :Censored:
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:16 pm

SirKrunch wrote:Looks like the eventual plan is to put rails back anyway... so in a way it makes sense, as the signals will already be in place.
Why it was even turned into a bus way in the first place I'll never know.

In the late 90s there was talk about making it a Metrolink line, not sure what happened to that.

I'm just thankful I got to see the full line with signals intact (a couple with their lights missing) before they ripped all of it out, I even got to see a train on it when the line was partially in service.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:08 am

PaulSP wrote:
SirKrunch wrote:Looks like the eventual plan is to put rails back anyway... so in a way it makes sense, as the signals will already be in place.
Why it was even turned into a bus way in the first place I'll never know.

In the late 90s there was talk about making it a Metrolink line, not sure what happened to that.
The Orange Line's original plans were supposed to be the Red Line's extension but subway drilling was banned in the San Fernando Valley so It was made into a bus line. As years pasted, lawsuits (or whatever) are apparently lifted and now we can soon convert to rail.

The Metrolink line you're probably thinking of is the Ventura County Line which is north of the Orange Line.
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:58 pm

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: The Metrolink line you're probably thinking of is the Ventura County Line which is north of the Orange Line.
No... I know what the VC line is, seeing how I often work right by said line.

I remember reading some train magazine and also hearing from some UP guys that the original plan was to convert the Burbank Branch into a Metrolink line.

Probably would of been similar like how the San Jacinto Branch was converted into Metrolink's 91/Perris Valley Line.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Did you see though when they planned to complete it? The late 2050's. That's only 40 years away. Talk about pre-planning. :Roll: