CSX CEO Hunter Harrison Dead

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

LARDLOGO

CSX CEO Hunter Harrison Dead

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
NathanFromEngland

Re: CSX CEO Hunter Harrison Dead

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:47 pm

I don't know what to say, i'd love to bash but i'm not sure on my opinion. I'm probably thinking he was a bad CEO.
Erik-Gorb-Hamilton

Post by Erik-Gorb-Hamilton » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:06 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
I don't know what to say, i'd love to bash but i'm not sure on my opinion. I'm probably thinking he was a bad CEO.
Depends on what you think of him.

To me he was a horrible CEO. Ex Frisco guy... Killed some of the most sensible lines off when he was with the BN.
Continuing my
Grandfathers
Legacy

CEO of the Stratford Gap Railway
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Don't like how he ran CSX, but my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends in this difficult time. May he rest in peace.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Yeah, thoughts and prayers to his family indeed.

So what did he do to CSX this year? A nine-month tenure as a CEO isn't real long.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:19 am

ZachL wrote:Yeah, thoughts and prayers to his family indeed.

So what did he do to CSX this year? A nine-month tenure as a CEO isn't real long.
He started his "Precision Railroading" plan. It started off fine, but then customers stopped receiving shipments on time (along with Tropicana stopping shipping by them) and had the Surface Transportation Board file a complaint against CSX as a result and tell all of their dispatchers to move to Florida as they were consolidating them down there, only to recently tell them that the new dispatching center "wasn't ready yet", and now the dispatchers are having to live in motel rooms and their cars(!) in order to be able to get to work on time after uprooting their families and moving to Florida, among other things.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:

He started his "Precision Railroading" plan. It started off fine, but then customers stopped receiving shipments on time (along with Tropicana stopping shipping by them) and had the Surface Transportation Board file a complaint against CSX as a result and tell all of their dispatchers to move to Florida as they were consolidating them down there, only to recently tell them that the new dispatching center "wasn't ready yet", and now the dispatchers are having to live in motel rooms and their cars(!) in order to be able to get to work on time after uprooting their families and moving to Florida, among other things.
HOLY SHIT! :Eeeeek: Wow, that is bad! Tropicana was a major runner along the CSX S Line all through Tampa Bay and up towards Ocala as well, in addition to heading south as well.

He was also the CEO of three other railroads, two of which were Class I railroads! I guess that goes to show you had terrible his leadership was. :TDOWN:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 pm

ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:

HOLY SHIT! :Eeeeek: Wow, that is bad! Tropicana was a major runner along the CSX S Line all through Tampa Bay and up towards Ocala as well, in addition to heading south as well.

He was also the CEO of three other railroads, two of which were Class I railroads! I guess that goes to show you had terrible his leadership was. :TDOWN:
Well they have to find a new CEO now don't they, when he went on medical leave and died two days later, they had to put a acting CEO in.

Well, is there any ways to undo the actions of Mr Harrison?