Class I Engine Retirements

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: CSX Engine Retirements

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:36 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
Ethan the Railfanner wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:CSX 616 (SAL emblem) has been sold off to PRLX, word is that its being leased to CN for a year.
What a giant f***ing mistake from CSX, they establish the stickers, then they retire them.
Agreed. Also, let's not curse on this railroad website forum. :Censored:
Don't act like you've never seen someone cuss. :Tongue2:
TBH though, the f-word has long since been filtered on the forum (so that it would be replaced by "f***"). but the present-progressive form wasn't. I've since fixed this.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:52 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:CSX 616 (SAL emblem) has been sold off to PRLX, word is that its being leased to CN for a year.
What a giant f***ing mistake from CSX, they establish the stickers, then they retire them.
Sometimes, i need to let out the curse words. But it does show CSX waste their money, at least the precious Seaboard System sticker locomotive is safe, as its a CW44AC
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:55 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Sometimes, i need to let out the curse words. But it does show CSX waste their money, at least the precious Seaboard System sticker locomotive is safe, as its a CW44AC
I can't image that the stickers costed too much. Would've made more sense to put them on newer locos.
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:02 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
:LOL3:

I've seen someone cussing on other websites. But I can't risk it.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:19 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
:LOL3:

I've seen someone cussing on other websites. But I can't risk it.
Exactly! You can never be too risky with these EVIL words! :LOL3:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue May 01, 2018 1:25 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
I can't image that the stickers costed too much. Would've made more sense to put them on newer locos.
Yea, at least NS and UP had their heritage schemes put on new engines that they were ordering...

I almost wonder if this was just CSX doing something with the trademarks for these various fallen flags to keep ownership of them...

ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue May 01, 2018 1:36 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Yea, at least NS and UP had their heritage schemes put on new engines that they were ordering...

I almost wonder if this was just CSX doing something with the trademarks for these various fallen flags to keep ownership of them...
Maybe CSX should sue that one vandal who put the C&O logo on an Ex. CSX engine for infringing their trademark! :LOL3:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue May 01, 2018 2:51 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

Maybe CSX should sue that one vandal who put the C&O logo on an Ex. CSX engine for infringing their trademark! :LOL3:
If they ever find out who did it, I'm betting the leasing company would be more likely to charge them with vandalism. Not sure if CSX would do anything, especially since the vandal wasn't looking to make money off of it (most likely).

However, if you started making and selling model trains with the C&O's logo on them, then CSX could charge you with violating their trademark.

ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:23 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

If they ever find out who did it, I'm betting the leasing company would be more likely to charge them with vandalism. Not sure if CSX would do anything, especially since the vandal wasn't looking to make money off of it (most likely).

However, if you started making and selling model trains with the C&O's logo on them, then CSX could charge you with violating their trademark.
The part about CSX suing the vandal was a joke. I am curious to know who did it, probably a hardcore foamer.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Oh please, you'll probably hear that word a lot more when you grow into adulthood. :glare:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538