Oldest Train Videos Published to YouTube

Can't have signals without railroads, so talk about your favorite locomotives, railroads and any other (non signal) railroad related stuff.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Ethan the Railfanner

Oldest Train Videos Published to YouTube

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Apparently, I have been digging around YouTube for quite a while to find old Train Videos that were published in the early times of YouTube, (Published in the years 2006, 2007, etc.)

I think this CSX video from Marietta, GA published on Christmas Eve of 2006, might be the first ever train video published to YouTube, unless there are older train videos published.

(and yes, the description is wrong... The description says it was taken the 29th, but that can't be true.)

If possible, Try finding the first train video ever published to YouTube by Publish date, and not the date when the video was was taken.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
AndyWS

Re: Oldest Train Videos Published to YouTube

Post by AndyWS » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:33 pm

I posted some stuff in the fall of 2006 shortly after I came across Mike's RxR site, then eventually deleted and re-uploaded it in late 2008 when I created a new channel dedicated solely to trains.

He and some of the original regular contributors already had quite a few videos of crossings and trains up there at the time.

Mike's stuff is still on there as "Smjh1979."
Erik-Gorb-Hamilton

Re: Oldest Train Videos Published to YouTube

Post by Erik-Gorb-Hamilton » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:32 pm

I once found a video from late 05 (yes, that early on YT) which was a VHS rip from an older trip to the SP Sunset route IIRC. Wish I could find it again. The footage in the video was probably taken in the 1990's
Continuing my
Grandfathers
Legacy

CEO of the Stratford Gap Railway