This price seems a little too high...

This section is for anyone who has anything crossing signal related to buy, sell, or trade. Wayside signals are not allowed here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, PaulSP, TommyBNSF

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby dan the ca railfan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
dan the ca railfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:This guy is asking for a really reasonable price for this WRRS bell, but i feel concerned when i do not see any wires, nor the inside of the bell itself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Railro ... 0009.m1982


te descriptions says the bell rings just fine so if your interested nathanfromengland and have enough money for it id say go for it. go ahead and pick it up!

He lives in England, and that just ships to within the US.

Also, there might not be any wires due to the wires that connected to the rest of the signal from the bell having been removed prior to removal.


oh are you by any chance interested in picking up the bell!
very lucky to live two-three blocks away from three teardrop bells. one of which i see at least once a week!
User avatar
dan the ca railfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Location: fresno ca

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby freebrickproductions » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 pm

dan the ca railfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
dan the ca railfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:This guy is asking for a really reasonable price for this WRRS bell, but i feel concerned when i do not see any wires, nor the inside of the bell itself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Railro ... 0009.m1982


te descriptions says the bell rings just fine so if your interested nathanfromengland and have enough money for it id say go for it. go ahead and pick it up!

He lives in England, and that just ships to within the US.

Also, there might not be any wires due to the wires that connected to the rest of the signal from the bell having been removed prior to removal.


oh are you by any chance interested in picking up the bell!

Not really...
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Send me or any other admin a private message or email if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
User avatar
freebrickproductions
 
Posts: 5697
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby NathanFromEngland » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:07 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
dan the ca railfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
dan the ca railfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:This guy is asking for a really reasonable price for this WRRS bell, but i feel concerned when i do not see any wires, nor the inside of the bell itself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Railro ... 0009.m1982


te descriptions says the bell rings just fine so if your interested nathanfromengland and have enough money for it id say go for it. go ahead and pick it up!

He lives in England, and that just ships to within the US.

Also, there might not be any wires due to the wires that connected to the rest of the signal from the bell having been removed prior to removal.


oh are you by any chance interested in picking up the bell!

Not really...


Plus, FYI, The birthday money i get just gets saved up for a really long time,
"You can't kill what's not your creation"

"Shawn Michaels"
User avatar
NathanFromEngland
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: West Derby, Liverpool, England.

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby dan the ca railfan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 pm

well this is a high price for a gsi e-bell on ebay 279 dollars +28 dollars shipping for a gsi e-bell from cxs that was rebuilt!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Cross ... 0010.m2109
very lucky to live two-three blocks away from three teardrop bells. one of which i see at least once a week!
User avatar
dan the ca railfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Location: fresno ca

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby freebrickproductions » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 pm

dan the ca railfan wrote:well this is a high price for a gsi e-bell on ebay 279 dollars +28 dollars shipping for a gsi e-bell from cxs that was rebuilt!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Railroad-Cross ... 0010.m2109

Not that bad, really. Most new crossing bells cost about that much.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Send me or any other admin a private message or email if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
User avatar
freebrickproductions
 
Posts: 5697
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby NathanFromEngland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:34 pm

McK&H.Aust wrote:Not quite as expensive as the last teardrop bell, but at $800 it's still a high price for a bell which may not work and has a cracked door. Looks like it was being used as a boat anchor!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-U-S-S-Co-T ... SwM85bge0l


Seller has since lowered the bid to $600, it's still too expensive, and IMO, it would need a lot of work done to get it working again
"You can't kill what's not your creation"

"Shawn Michaels"
User avatar
NathanFromEngland
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: West Derby, Liverpool, England.

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby LARDLOGO » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:58 pm

*bump ヾ嵐ぽ bump (ヾ嵐ぽ)【bump】*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Cullen ... :rk:2:pf:0
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
User avatar
LARDLOGO
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: Sumas, Washington

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby NathanFromEngland » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm

LARDLOGO wrote:*bump ヾ嵐ぽ bump (ヾ嵐ぽ)【bump】*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Cullen ... :rk:2:pf:0


uh
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-STOP-O ... 0008.m2219
"You can't kill what's not your creation"

"Shawn Michaels"
User avatar
NathanFromEngland
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: West Derby, Liverpool, England.

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby LARDLOGO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 am

Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
User avatar
LARDLOGO
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: Sumas, Washington

Re: This price seems a little too high...

Postby ZachL » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:47 pm

LARDLOGO wrote:Not even the whole sign!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-vintage-o ... rk:12:pf:0

Yeah I'd only think about charging that much if I were shipping...overseas. :Roll:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
User avatar
ZachL
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Hillsborough County/Tampa, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Crossing Signals to Buy, Sell, or Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron