Crossbuck font?

Want to know what other people think about signals? Ask here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Which crossbuck font do you prefer?

Standard font
50%
"New" font
17%
I don't care
13%
Each one has its place
21%

Total votes: 24
fgossage

Crossbuck font?

Post by fgossage » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

This is my first post on the forum, and what better way to start off, than with a poll? This is a rather benign detail, but I would like some feedback on this. What you guys choose will help me decide how to design some signals for a model railroad layout; so, consider your input very important. :cool:

Which font do you guys prefer for crossbucks?

Standard font that everyone is familiar with:

Or the newer, bolder font that seems to be popping up:

Or are you guys not picky? Or.... does each font have its place, given surrounding conditions?

Note: No images are mine. Images are courtesy of rxrsignals.net and the appropriate photographers. No copyright infringement intended.
Fred Gossage
Florence, Alabama
http://www.tnvalleyweather.com
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Re: Crossbuck font?

Post by Smjh1979 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 am

I voted that each one has its place. I would make this available in my signs section if I can ever find the font.
fgossage

Post by fgossage » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:52 am

Just from eyeballing it, it almost looks like they're recycling the "old" style font that you have on the main page. The only big difference I see is the new version doesn't have a sidebar on the G that makes a "T"... it only points inward. Other than that, they look VERY similar.
Fred Gossage
Florence, Alabama
http://www.tnvalleyweather.com
Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:53 am

Yeah, it's the old font used back in the 1940s era. I've seen a few places that have a close font, but not 100% there just yet.
wigwags4ever

Post by wigwags4ever » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm

I prefer the new font. It's like the old cast-iron crossbucks.
Farewell Silverlink 313s... Image
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm

I voted "don't care", but the one thing I don't like about the new one is that the "D" looks too similiar to the "O".
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 am

fgossage wrote:This is my first post on the forum, and what better way to start off, than with a poll? This is a rather benign detail, but I would like some feedback on this. What you guys choose will help me decide how to design some signals for a model railroad layout; so, consider your input very important. :cool:

Which font do you guys prefer for crossbucks?

Standard font that everyone is familiar with:

Or the newer, bolder font that seems to be popping up:

Or are you guys not picky? Or.... does each font have its place, given surrounding conditions?

Note: No images are mine. Images are courtesy of rxrsignals.net and the appropriate photographers. No copyright infringement intended.
AHH
Those crossings on the CMRW, pass over those 2 all the time (when I'm in Missouri of course).
I can say I prefer the old font, but the new one isn't so bad so i vote both have a place.
However UPRR on all of their new installs have used old font crossbucks, so must be another stupid California thing that Popibros1 is talking about

THE ONLY thing I miss is the old WCH Clear L.E.D.s that UPRR installed on their older setups other than that UPRR set ups/maintains my most favorite crossings
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight