Google Street View

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, PaulSP, TommyBNSF

Google Street View

Postby Smjh1979 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Google Street View had an update recently. Most of the update is for the UK, but there are a few small areas that Google updated around the US.

Prescott and Prescott Valley, AZ are added, as well as parts of Clarkdale, AZ.

Only one street was added to Williams, AZ.

Lakewood, CA is now up, and shows what happened to all the crossings that UP abandoned in 2003. Even the Carson crossing in Lakewood is in High Definition too.

That's all I know of for now. Check up on some favorite locations, they may have been added.


NOTE: This topic has been stickied.
User avatar
Smjh1979
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ

Re: Google Street View

Postby wigwags4ever » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:29 am

Cambridge is up there, but my house isn't.
Farewell Silverlink 313s... Image
User avatar
wigwags4ever
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Google Street View

Postby weatherdan882002 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Sadly, only one road in my city is street view compatable. Nowhere near any crossings, sadly.
User avatar
weatherdan882002
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Mechanicville, NY

Re: Google Street View

Postby AndrewFields » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:36 pm

There was an accident at this crossing in rural Oklahoma. I can't find the crossing on the FRA's website but I think it's a safe bet to assume that somebody was killed here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3496503497
You think your car gets bad mileage? SP 4449 consumes 10 gallons of bunker oil and 100 gallons of water every mile.
User avatar
AndrewFields
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: 12.8 miles west of SP 4449

Re: Google Street View

Postby AndrewFields » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 am

Look at this! A Hummer H2 parked on the street in Paris. :Blink: At $6.50 per gallon, it must be expensive to run that thing over there (roughly $260 for a fill-up).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5,,1,15.03
You think your car gets bad mileage? SP 4449 consumes 10 gallons of bunker oil and 100 gallons of water every mile.
User avatar
AndrewFields
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: 12.8 miles west of SP 4449

Re: Google Street View

Postby luke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:37 am

AndrewFields wrote:There was an accident at this crossing in rural Oklahoma. I can't find the crossing on the FRA's website but I think it's a safe bet to assume that somebody was killed here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3496503497


I found it on the FRA, listed as 9th Ave, but there's no record of accidents at that crossing!

Which does bring up another possibility.
The cross could be for an accident on the adjacent T intersection.
User avatar
luke
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Google Street View

Postby AndrewFields » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 pm

luke wrote:
AndrewFields wrote:There was an accident at this crossing in rural Oklahoma. I can't find the crossing on the FRA's website but I think it's a safe bet to assume that somebody was killed here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3496503497


I found it on the FRA, listed as 9th Ave, but there's no record of accidents at that crossing!

Which does bring up another possibility.
The cross could be for an accident on the adjacent T intersection.


Good point...never thought of that. :Grin:
You think your car gets bad mileage? SP 4449 consumes 10 gallons of bunker oil and 100 gallons of water every mile.
User avatar
AndrewFields
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: 12.8 miles west of SP 4449

Re: Google Street View

Postby cabman701 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 pm

AndrewFields wrote:Look at this! A Hummer H2 parked on the street in Paris. :Blink: At $6.50 per gallon, it must be expensive to run that thing over there (roughly $260 for a fill-up).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5,,1,15.03


And look... just up the street you got one of these:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 13&iwloc=A

It would probably fit inside the Hummer! :ROFL:
User avatar
cabman701
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Largo, FL

Re: Google Street View

Postby SirKrunch » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I saw one of those (er, uh) "Smart" cars in Omaha a couple days ago. If I were driving it... I'd be afraid to take it out on the freeway with the big boys. I'd be afraid a semi would just drive right over me like stepping on a bug.
Image
User avatar
SirKrunch
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:09 am
Location: Story City, Iowa

Re: Google Street View

Postby cabman701 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 pm

I've seen 1 or 2 of them tooling around here.

In fact, about 3 months ago I pulled up next to one at a stop light. I drive a 1992 Lincoln Town Car... our front bumpers were aligned, the back of the Smart was lined up with my outside mirror. The darn thing could just about fit inside my engine compartment!
User avatar
cabman701
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Largo, FL

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron