millenniumforce's Human Crossing

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Mechanical/Electronic Crossing? or Human Crossing?

Human Crossing
23%
Normal Crossing
77%

Total votes: 13
freebrickproductions

Re: millenniumforce's Human Crossing

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:13 pm

ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
UnionPacific4Life wrote:Yeah, the vids of the older crossings were cool, but in that one about old crossing vs new, he claimed that the new LED lights did not flash right, even though it was just the camera playing tricks...
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he still believes that. Worth noting that I believe the video was one of the first videos, if not the first video, of the current set-up CSX likes to do (aside from using WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, as CSX now typically uses Leotek EV Series LEDs). Also a good demonstration as to why NEG e-bells are my least favorite e-bell (the sound is nice, but they're very quiet when compared to other bells).

(Reposting because it seems like the board reset itself to a few hours ago, so most of the posts made between the quoted one and now have been lost to the void.)
CSX doesn't use WCH 2nd gens anymore? What about the light heads?

Before they settled on the NEG e-bell in either 2011 or 2012, I'd seen some mixes of either Safetran Type-3s (leftover from their late-2000s installations?) or the rare GETS e-bell, with WCH 2nd-gen LEDs being inserted into Safetran light heads.
They still use WCH light heads, though they primarily use Leotek EV Series or Dialight Low Wattage LEDs for the most part now. I think WCH 2nd Gen LEDs might get installed when CSX re-uses them from elsewhere, but that doesn't seem to occur much anymore.

CSX's previous style of signal was a Safetran signal with Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and a Safetran Type 3 or a GE e-bell. The CSX S&NA North Subdivision is chock full of these, though most of the original bells have been replaced (as is the case with most CSX installs from around 2010, it seems). I'm honestly not sure where the GE e-bells fit into the timeline, as the proceeding style (pretty much the same except with Dialight Ball LEDs) used Safetran Type 3s (and occasionally, GS Type 2s, from my observations) while they kept installing Safetran Type 3s after Safetran became Invensys Rail in 2011 (as I've seen a few CSX installs of this style with Invensys Rail gate mechs).
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:47 pm

ZachL wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:42 pm
ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:I remember this...

Ironically, it was a sign of just what was to come...
Am I missing something?

Other than the fact I did not need to be reminded this was a thing. :CloseEye:
I'm just saying this was around the time his videos started to decline in quality.
Did they even have quality to begin with?! :Blink:
Yep. Totally. Also, freebrickproductions is right.
Proud owner of a Safetran 3rd Gen M-Bell, a GS Type 2 bell, a dead GS type 1 bell, a WRRS M-bell, and a US&S H-2 searchlight signal.
Why does everyone copy my signature?

OG signal collection signature, I think. :LOL2:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:34 am

UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:47 pm
ZachL wrote:
ZachL wrote:

Am I missing something?

I'm just saying this was around the time his videos started to decline in quality.
I mean, they weren't the best, but they showed some nice crossings and got the job done with minimal distractions, usually.

Now, not so much...

UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 am

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:34 am
UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:47 pm
ZachL wrote:
ZachL wrote:

Am I missing something?

I mean, they weren't the best, but they showed some nice crossings and got the job done with minimal distractions, usually.

Now, not so much...
Hear, hear. :Clap: Now, it’s all kinda clickbait.
Proud owner of a Safetran 3rd Gen M-Bell, a GS Type 2 bell, a dead GS type 1 bell, a WRRS M-bell, and a US&S H-2 searchlight signal.

ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:28 pm

I still found his videos cringy, even well before y'all claim they started going downhill. :CloseEye:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:52 pm

ZachL wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:28 pm
I still found his videos cringy, even well before y'all claim they started going downhill. :CloseEye:
That's what happens when fame catches up to you, your attitude sort goes a bit, well you say "off the rails" :Roll:
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:31 pm

It's more than that, really. It's just his personality. That, and he's got that "I'm right no matter what" kinda vibe :Roll:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:25 am

ZachL wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:31 pm
It's more than that, really. It's just his personality. That, and he's got that "I'm right no matter what" kinda vibe :Roll:
True, and looking back, you can see it a bit in his early work. I still kinda like his older videos, but then again, that's probably because he filmed a lot of older Seaboard and CSX crossings down in Florida back then.

UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 pm

ZachL wrote:
Yea

ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:05 am

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:25 am
ZachL wrote:
True, and looking back, you can see it a bit in his early work. I still kinda like his older videos, but then again, that's probably because he filmed a lot of older Seaboard and CSX crossings down in Florida back then.
Oh I agree, and I will say I watched a lot of his older videos for showcasing crossings throughout my area, since I never usually have the time or get to see how they look when activated.